The BC Liberal government has an abysmal record on post-secondary funding:
- Three-year total operating grant for post secondary drops by almost $50 million: 2014 budget
- By 2016, per-student operating grants will have dropped by more than 20 per cent since 2001.
- Tuition fees have increased more than 80% under the BC Liberals.
- Deep cuts made to StudentAidBC.
- Needs-based grants for students eliminated.
These changes have negatively impacted students pursuing post-secondary studies – student debt has risen, and accessibility has declined. We cannot allow post-secondary education to be available only to those with money. Take action to restore full funding to post secondary – send an email to Minister of Advanced Education, Andrew Wilkinson.[emailpetition id=”1″]